U tip/nail tip is a type of human hair extension that is shaped like a U and is applied to the hair by heating up, it is also called Hot Fusion hair extensions. U Tip hair extensions are long term hair extensions that you wear day and night for several months.
It can be applied quite easily following these steps
- Make a spit section horizontally, start about 2 inches from the bottom of your neck
- Pinch out a section of strands. The number of strands should be about the same amount that is in the extension you are going to attach.
- Place a protection pad over the strand and attach it with a clip. On the protection pad there are some measure lines that can help you align the extensions.
- Place the nail tip hair extensionunder the strand at least 1 cm from the roots.
- Use a fusion connector tool to heat up the keratin tip some seconds until it melts.
- Wait some seconds so that the keratin cools down a little, then roll it with your fingers to seal the keratin around your own hair.
- The U tip is now attached and you can move on to the next. Repeat step 1 to 6
- When you are getting to the upper part of the head, you can place some extensionrows on the sides.